The Boondocker is our latest design which we're selling as a packaged camper conversion at $43,000 (you provide the Sprinter). Some components can be added or removed to fine-tune the cost to meet your budget.
The Boondocker incorporates a 520w solar array and easy living conveniences for those long trips where you'll be off the grid for days.
It's built on the Dodge Sprinter 170" chassis which has great road characteristics, tons of storage, and gets the best fuel mileage in a van.
- Entire van has Fatmat Extreme sound deadener applied for extra insulation and a quiet ride
- Ultratouch cotton insulation throughout
- Rear door windows
- Sliding door pop out window
- Removable sunroof in back roof area over bed
- Fantastic vent 3 speed fan in roof
- Hot water and furnace powered by either electric shore power or diesel fuel
Storage / Gear
- Large Tuffy lock box in cargo area for storing laptops, camera gear, etc.
- Bicycle fork mounts allow bikes to fit in the cargo area underneath bed
- Entire cargo area has been Line-X'd to protect it from water, mud and anything else you can throw at it
- Racks and tie-downs on cargo area walls for extra gear
- Two lights in cargo area keep it bright for night time gear needs
- Large sink that actually fits dishes, unlike most camper conversions
- Large, insulated 30 gallon water tank
- Quiet Shurflo Whisper King water pump
- Nikken Pi-mag water filter
- External water fill for city water hookup
- Rear external shower
- Norcold 3.6 cu ft 12/120v refrigerator with extra insulation
- 4 drawer cabinetry
- Leather sofa folds out into a 2nd bed
- Full-size bed above cargo area in back of van with 3” foam mattress
- Swivel passenger chair
- Fold out tables on rear doors for cooking outside the back of the van
- Removable, short knap carpet in main living area – easy to clean!
- 4x Kyocera 130 watt solar panels
- 4x Trojan T105 batteries for a total of 450 amp hours of battery power
- Outback Solar Flexmax 60 solar charger
- Magnum Pure Sine 2000W Inverter / Charger w/ AC breakers
- Magnum Remote Control for monitoring battery usage, charging, etc.
- Magnum Battery Monitor
- Electrical cord and adapters for common campground and home plugs
- 3x 120v power outlets
- Many 12v DC outlets for laptops, etc.
- Garnet SeeLevel remote digital water tank gauge
See more photos of the Boondocker interior >>
See more photos of the Boondocker in action >>
- Alpine IVA-W505 in-dash DVD player and navigation head unit
- Backup camera hooked in to Alpine DVD player
- 3 sets (front doors, mid-ship and rear doors) of Alpine Type X Pro 6.5" component speakers
- Alpine PDX-5 channel Type D amplifier for the cleanest sound
- Alpine 10" Type X subwoofer
- Alpine blue tooth microphone integration with stereo
- Sirius satellite radio
- Steering wheel thumb buttons control stereo
- Wilson truckers cell phone antenna
Click on an image below to view the larger version