Dodge/Mercedes Benz Sprinter Boondocker
The Boondocker is our highest end model, which we're selling as a packaged camper conversion at $43,000 (you provide the Sprinter). Some components can be added or removed to fine-tune the cost to meet your budget.
The Boondocker incorporates a 520w solar array and easy living conveniences for those long trips where you'll be off the grid for days.
It's built on the Dodge/Mercedes Benz Sprinter 170" chassis which has great road characteristics, tons of storage, and gets the best fuel mileage in a van.
Want to rent a Boondocker? Now you can. Check our our rental page to make a reservation.
- Entire van has Fatmat Extreme sound deadener applied for extra insulation and a quiet ride
- Ultratouch cotton insulation throughout
- Rear door windows
- Sliding door pop out window
- Removable sunroof in back roof area over bed
- Fantastic vent 3 speed fan in roof
- Hot water and furnace powered by either electric shore power or diesel fuel
Storage / Gear
- Large Tuffy lock box in cargo area for storing laptops, camera gear, etc.
- Bicycle fork mounts allow bikes to fit in the cargo area underneath bed
- Entire cargo area has been Line-X'd to protect it from water, mud and anything else you can throw at it
- Racks and tie-downs on cargo area walls for extra gear
- Two lights in cargo area keep it bright for night time gear needs
- Large sink that actually fits dishes, unlike most camper conversions
- Large, insulated 30 gallon water tank
- Quiet Shurflo Whisper King water pump
- Nikken Pi-mag water filter
- External water fill for city water hookup
- Rear external shower
- Norcold 3.6 cu ft 12/120v refrigerator with extra insulation
- 4 drawer cabinetry
- Leather sofa folds out into a 2nd bed
- Full-size bed above cargo area in back of van with 3” foam mattress
- Swivel passenger chair
- Fold out tables on rear doors for cooking outside the back of the van
- Removable, short knap carpet in main living area – easy to clean!
- 4x Kyocera 130 watt solar panels
- 4x Trojan T105 batteries for a total of 450 amp hours of battery power
- Outback Solar Flexmax 60 solar charger
- Magnum Pure Sine 2000W Inverter / Charger w/ AC breakers
- Magnum Remote Control for monitoring battery usage, charging, etc.
- Magnum Battery Monitor
- Electrical cord and adapters for common campground and home plugs
- 3x 120v power outlets
- Many 12v DC outlets for laptops, etc.
- Garnet SeeLevel remote digital water tank gauge
See more photos of the Boondocker interior >>
See more photos of the Boondocker in action >>
- Alpine IVA-W505 in-dash DVD player and navigation head unit
- Backup camera hooked in to Alpine DVD player
- 3 sets (front doors, mid-ship and rear doors) of Alpine Type X Pro 6.5" component speakers
- Alpine PDX-5 channel Type D amplifier for the cleanest sound
- Alpine 10" Type X subwoofer
- Alpine blue tooth microphone integration with stereo
- Sirius satellite radio
- Steering wheel thumb buttons control stereo
- Wilson truckers cell phone antenna
Click on an image below to view the larger version